Success

TBC  | 

New Managers Programme NMP18 (May 2022 intake, Saturday Classes ) (Archived)

Applications for this course are now closed
Programme manager:
Course dates
TBC -
Registration closes
TBC
Pricing

Request more information

Zero Rated Data to Specific WITS Sites 

• Our online learning platforms are zero-rated for data - so, free to use! 
  • Apply now and start interacting with our lecturers and fellow students on our zero-rated platforms. You need not pay for data to boost your abilities
  • Apply to our part time course and acquire skills and knowledge on our zero-rated learning systems - we believe access to our platform should be free.
  • Apply now to our part time course - you don't need to pay data costs to access our systems

Registration Closes:
04 March 2022

Course Description 

Get groomed for a management role. Gain a deeper understanding of the different divisions within the organisation and learn about effective decision making and working with a team. Build coping skills and take a confident step forward in your career.

This cohort will attend classes on Sartudays only 

Who Should Attend 

Newly appointed managers or individuals being groomed for management positions. 

What's Covered 

• An introduction to business principles
  • Evaluating complex information
  • Management accounting: the accounting cycle, costs, profit and budgeting
  • The functioning of the human side of the organisation and managing people
  • Business communication skills and strategies
  • The principles of marketing in South Africa
  • The project management environment (Project management tools and techniques,  Risk management, Change management, Monitoring and controlling projects) 
  • Many other relevant discussion topics

Personal Benefit 

You will broaden your understanding of the key divisions in business and improve your decision making and problem solving abilities.

Organisational Benefit 

Your organisation will benefit by having young managers with the skills to cope with the pressures of advancement in the workplace. 

Disclaimer: Accreditation

This short course is accredited by the university in accordance with its statutory mandate. It does not lead to a qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).

Download brochure

Course reviews

• MAP was a great introduction to the commercial side of the business for a health professional like myself. I am now able to identify and leverage synergies between my department and others in the organisation. Because of the diversity and calibre of its students, WBS has helped me increase my network and I have recommended MAP to a number of my colleagues. It was an investment worth more than the rand value of the course – and motivated me to do my MBA!
    Pumza Mokgehle
    MAP Part-time
  • Doing NMP with WBS has provided me with the basic and highly valuable skills as I prepare myself for a leadership role within my organisation. The programme had practical examples which I could relate to my real situation at work.
    Kanyile Gwija
    NMP