Whether you're a newly appointed manager or an individual being groomed for a management positions, the New Management programme equips managers with the skills to cope with the pressures of advancement in the workplace. You will broaden your understanding of the key divisions in business and improve your decision making and problem solving abilities.
Managers need relevant skills to lead in an age of adversity, diversity, and constant change. The New Managers Programme (NMP) is the first step in the transition from technical to general management roles. Gain a deeper understanding of the different divisions within the organisation and learn about effective decision making and working with a team. Build coping skills and take a confident step forward in your career.
Who Should Attend
- The New Managers Programme (NMP) is the first step in the transition from technical to general management roles.
- Newly appointed managers or individuals being groomed for management positions.
- An introduction to business principles
- Evaluating complex information
- Management accounting: the accounting cycle, costs, profit and budgeting
- The functioning of the human side of the organisation and managing people
- Business communication skills and strategies
- The principles of marketing in South Africa
- The project management environment (Project management tools and techniques, Risk management, Change management, Monitoring and controlling projects)
- Many other relevant discussion topics