Success

04 March 2023  |  26 August 2023

New Managers Programme (Part-time)

Applications accepted until 17 February 2023
Programme manager:
Sonia Newton
Accreditation:
WBS- Certificate of Competency
Course dates
04 March 2023 - 26 August 2023
Registration closes
17 February 2023
Overview
Equips managers with the skills to cope with the pressures of advancement in the workplace.
Duration
6 Months
Format
Hybrid Classes
Pricing
Face-to-face = R50,600.00
Online = R30,450.00

Request more information

Whether you're a newly appointed manager or an individual being groomed for a management positions, the New Management programme equips managers with the skills to cope with the pressures of advancement in the workplace. You will broaden your understanding of the key divisions in business and improve your decision making and problem solving abilities.

Course Description 

Managers need relevant skills to lead in an age of adversity, diversity, and constant change. The New Managers Programme (NMP) is the first step in the transition from technical to general management roles. Gain a deeper understanding of the different divisions within the organisation and learn about effective decision making and working with a team. Build coping skills and take a confident step forward in your career.

Who Should Attend 

• The New Managers Programme (NMP) is the first step in the transition from technical to general management roles.
  • Newly appointed managers or individuals being groomed for management positions.

What's Covered 

• An introduction to business principles
  • Evaluating complex information
  • Management accounting: the accounting cycle, costs, profit and budgeting
  • The functioning of the human side of the organisation and managing people
  • Business communication skills and strategies
  • The principles of marketing in South Africa
  • The project management environment (Project management tools and techniques,  Risk management, Change management, Monitoring and controlling projects) 
  • Many other relevant discussion topics

Download brochure Apply now

Course reviews

• MAP was a great introduction to the commercial side of the business for a health professional like myself. I am now able to identify and leverage synergies between my department and others in the organisation. Because of the diversity and calibre of its students, WBS has helped me increase my network and I have recommended MAP to a number of my colleagues. It was an investment worth more than the rand value of the course – and motivated me to do my MBA!
    Pumza Mokgehle
    MAP Part-time
  • Doing NMP with WBS has provided me with the basic and highly valuable skills as I prepare myself for a leadership role within my organisation. The programme had practical examples which I could relate to my real situation at work.
    Kanyile Gwija
    NMP